The Best Solutions for Back Pain
The right chiropractic solutions can help you to feel more comfortable and confident when taking on the challenges of everyday life. At Shore Pointe Chiropractic, we offer the most practical and effective chiropractic care to help you feel healthier and to reduce pain in your back and other areas of your body. Our team will work with you to determine the best treatment plan for your specific set of needs.
Addressing the Causes of Back Pain
In most cases, your habits and daily activities can be contributing factors to your back pain. Some of the most common culprits include the following:
- Poor posture, especially slumping or leaning over a computer keyboard
- Sleeping in a bed that is either too soft or too hard to provide adequate support
- Failing to stretch adequately before engaging in exercise or strenuous activities
- Overstressing muscles by attempting to lift heavy loads
- Sitting too long in one position at your desk job
- Pressure on your back during driving
You may also experience back pain and discomfort after specific events that cause misalignment of your spine:
- Car accidents
- Injuries during sports activities
At Shore Pointe Chiropractic, we can help you identify the causes of your back pain and can provide you with the best treatment plan to deal with these issues quickly and in the most effective way possible.
Spotting the Symptoms of Spinal Misalignment
Some of the most common signs of a misalignment in your spine are headaches and back pain. Other signs may include some or all of the following:
- Increased fatigue and problems with concentration
- Difficulty in turning your head
- Unusual levels of stress or irritability
- Muscle spasms
- Tingling or numbness in your back
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, Shore Pointe Chiropractic can provide you with the most advanced treatment options for your back pain and other issues. We work with you to provide the right treatment regimen for your needs.
Managing Chronic and Acute Conditions
- Shore Point Chiropractic can also provide help for chronic and severe issues:
- Arthritis is a chronic condition that affects many older people. Gentle spinal manipulation can often provide added help in maintaining mobility and reducing pain for these patients.
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis are both conditions that can occur at almost any age and that are usually caused by vigorous exercise on the part of children or adults. Spondylolysis is a small stress fracture in one or more vertebrae. Without proper treatment, it can develop into spondylolisthesis, which occurs when the damaged vertebra moves out of alignment.
- Sciatica is a type of nerve pain that can radiate outward from your back and may be caused by a herniated disc or misalignment of your spinal column.
Our team can provide you with added help in dealing with these back pain issues in the most effective and comfortable way possible.
Identifying Disc Problems
Along with misalignments of the spine, disc issues can also cause pain and issues with mobility. Often referred to as slipped discs, these issues actually stem from problems with tears, herniations or bulges in the discs that separate each vertebra from the adjacent ones in your spine. Disc issues can potentially cause serious issues, including pain in other areas of the body and difficulty in walking or sitting comfortably. The Shore Pointe Chiropractic team will provide you with the expert diagnostic help you need to determine if damaged or bulging discs are causing your back pain and will work with you to find the most practical solutions for your needs.
Taking a Holistic Approach to Treatment
At Shore Pointe Chiropractic, we look at every aspect of your health and lifestyle to provide you with the most comprehensive and holistic treatment plan for your symptoms. We will start with a gentle manipulation of the affected areas to determine the extent of your misalignment or muscle injury. Our team will then evaluate the overall condition of your back and come up with a treatment plan that can relieve your pain and help you to feel your best every day.
Dealing With Long-Term Back Pain
Many of our patients come to us after receiving treatment from their regular physicians or orthopedic surgeons. We can often provide real relief from back pain even after surgery, which can help you to resume your normal activities and to live a relatively pain-free existence. The entire team at Shore Pointe Chiropractic is committed to providing the most effective and practical treatment options for all of our patients.
Creating a Plan for Better Health
In most cases, allowing your back pain to continue untreated can extend the amount of time needed to resolve your issues and to restore your back to better health. Shore Pointe Chiropractic will work with you to determine the underlying cause of your pain and to provide you with the most practical and workable solutions for a healthier back, better posture and improved mobility. We will create a customized plan that addresses your problems and suits your needs.
Shore Pointe Chiropractic is conveniently located in Toms River, New Jersey, and offers easy access to the best chiropractic care for you and your family. We can provide you with the most advanced techniques and physical therapies to help you feel better as soon as possible. Give our office a call today at 732-270-9555. The experienced doctors and medical staff at Shore Pointe Chiropractic are ready and able to provide you with the best care in our area.